Waste services are an essential service during COVID-19 Alert Level and Coastal Bins Ltd is making sure we continue to remove waste and dispose of it to keep New Zealand safe.
We will continue collecting residential kerbside wheelie bins during this challenging time, and we are doing everything possible to maintain these services whilst keeping our staff safe.
• Please allow them to perform their duties while maintaining a minimum two metre distance.
• We will not be entering residential properties to collect bins, so please have the bin placed outside your property on collection day.
• Please place bi in a location that is easy for our staff to access (not behind a parked car)
We are receiving numerous enquiries for delivery and removal of skip bins to residence, during the lock down period
We have been actively seeking clarification from Government on this however without a clear determination as yet we are operating on the following basis:
• The bin is required for removal of waste that could potentially be a health hazard, or is not safe to hold on your property for the duration of the Level 4 Lockdown.
• The expected volume of this waste is not able to be placed in bags and disposed via your normal kerbside waste collection.
Should we undertake the delivery or removal of skip bins, the following guidelines will be enforced:
• Delivery and removal of the bin must be “contactless” with clear access to place the bin on site.
• Any household waste must be ‘bagged” before placing in skip bins
• Bins are not to be overloaded; the load must remain under the tip lip of the bin to allow for appropriate covering by our staff
• Bins will be removed within five days of delivery.
We will continue to monitor our situation daily and advise any changes as they come into effect.
Coastal Bins remains committed to doing our part for New Zealand to eradicate COVID 19
Murray & Michael